The Austrian Association of Hospital Pharmacists (AAHP) is a branch of the Austrian Association of Employed Pharmacists (VAAÖ – Verband Angestellter Apotheker Österreichs) and a foundation member of the European Association of Hospital Pharmacists (EAHP)
The primary goals of AAHP are:
- To represent the interests of hospital pharmacy and professional interests of hospital pharmacists to the government and other organisations
- To promote co-operation and good relations among its members
- To encourage a new generation of pharmacists
- To engage and maintain in public relations
- To foster international contacts
- To promote scientific research
Further information on the AAHP and its activities can be obtained by directly contacting members of the board of AAHP( see http://www.aahp.at/wir-ueber-uns/vorstand), using the online contact form, or sending an e-mail directly to
A brochure including basic information on hospital pharmacy in Austria was published in co-operation with the Austrian Chamber of Pharmacists.
Several informative articles on various areas of hospital pharmacy in Austria and the Austrian health system in general have been published in the last years. These publications can be accessed in the publication section.
As national contribution to the 16th Congress of the EAHP, held from 30 March – 1 April 2011 in Vienna, Austrian hospital pharmacists presented selected areas of excellence in the seminar “Highlights of Austrian hospital pharmacy”. A pdf of the presentation is available here.